Field seminar within the Geography Bachelor programme at RWTH Aachen University.
Newly introduced course; the syllabus had to be created from scratch. Implemention as an interactive field excursion filled with practical tasks (mapping, measuring, calculating) and experiments, many of which had to be selfdesigned live by the students.
Secondsemester students are introduced to field methods, bringing theoretical subject matter from preceding lectures to practice.
- Introduction to geomorphological field work
- Orientation and measurements with compass and GPS
- Drilling sediment cores with a Cobra device
- Different approaches to measure runoff
- Geomorphological mapping basics
- Soil profile sampling (Puerckhauer)
- Geodetic measurements with a Tachymeter
- Slope and valley profiles